Finding the right eBike for your unique needs can certainly seem like a daunting task. Getting bogged down by research and specs can feel overwhelming sometimes, so we have made it that much easier with this quick guide for all our models – their pros and cons, best usage and pricing guide. Our team here at Ride1UP really appreciate that you’ve found us, now let’s make it even easier to find the perfect eBike just for you!
Simple, fast, and fun, this electric bike is as clean as it gets. With a completely concealed battery and quiet motor, onlookers aren’t going to understand how you pedal so fast. The Roadster v2 features a belt drive, internal Samsung Cells, a compact LCD display, and fully smoothed alloy frame. Perfect for flat surfaces and urban commutes.
Roadster V2 Pros
- – Super low weight trimming in at an impressive 32 lbs.
- – Unbeatable price at only $1095 USD
- – Whisper quiet and easy to maintain Top Trans Belt Drive
- – 3 stunning colorways (Matte Silver, Matte Red, Matte Black)
Roadster V2 Cons
- – Single speed – not designed for climbing hills
- – Battery is non-swappable (20-35 mile range)
- – Assertive riding position – No step through frame available
- – V-Brakes (as compared to disc brakes on other models)
Simple, clean, efficient. Will anyone even know it’s electric? We’ve built an entry level eBike with standard components built to replace your car and outlast it. You will save on the cost, and sacrifice nothing. We’ve outfitted the Core-5 with all the essentials, now get to riding!
- – Low weight of 49 lbs. without sacrificing any essential components
- – Includes a 500 Watt motor (800 W peak output), disc brakes, interactive display, 7 speed cassette and electric brake cut-off sensors
- – No frills, introductory eBike, the absolute best value (Core-5 Rack and Core-5 Fenders available as separate accessories on our Parts Page)
- – Step through frames available for increased comfort and accessibility
- – Only two colorways available (Matte Gray and Matte Blue)
- – Display is two-tone (black and white) – though some consider it’s readability in the sun a “pro”
- – 10.4 Ah battery provides only up to 20-40 miles per charge
- – No suspension fork on this one folks
The 500 Series, our originally best selling model. One of the most popular eBikes available in 2020; an all-surface performing, lightweight and uniquely agile bike designed for comfortable touring over long-distances. We’ve made improvements to the tires, display, and gearing, to solidify the 500 series as the best all-around value performer of 2021.
500 Series Pros
- – Tried and true, the 500 is our flagship model – designer tested and user agreed, this is your most dependable and comfortable commuter
- – Integrated headlights and a 13Ah battery allow for worry free night rides up to 45 miles, more than enough to get you from A-B and then some
- – 8 speed Shimano Cassettes and 100mm’s of fork suspension travel make the 500 ready for anything, on the road and off of it!
- – 12 magnet, high sensitivity integrated cadence sensor makes for smooth activation and reliable electric assistance when you want it
500 Series Cons
- – Rack and fenders come as an additional add-on at point of purchase ($80-$100 USD additional – only available at check out)
- – Mechanical brakes and not hydraulic brakes.
- – No integrated taillight (as compared to the 700 Series)
- – Not much choice in frame color, but you do have gold and black color options for the grips, saddle and logo
- – Mechanical disc brakes and 160mm rotors (as compared to hydraulic disc brakes and 180mm rotors on the 700 Series)
An all-around great commuter and cruising option. Hydraulic fork, hydraulic brakes, color display, 14 ah Samsung cells, Schwalbe Super Moto X tires, fully integrated aluminum frame. The decision to ditch your car has never been easier. Enter the high-end electric bike market today… for half the price!
700 Series Pros
- – This has got it all, integrated 14Ah battery, headlight and taillights and sleek design make this commute crusher a serious eye catcher
- – Schwalbe 2.4 inch tires (also available on our LMT’D) allows for variable terrain with ease and packed sand a no brainer, see you out there!
- – Color KD218 display not only looks sharp but provides for adept customization of your settings and is only available on the 700 and LMT’D
- – 180mm rotors plus Tektro hydraulic electric cut-off brakes and a Mozo hydraulic lockout suspension set this bike a cut above the rest
700 Series Cons
- – Weighing in at 62 lbs. this is the heavyweight cruiser of the fleet. Smaller riders may find this bike to be harder to handle than our other models
- – Only two color options available (Matte Blue and Matte Gray)
- – Comes stock with fenders and a rear rack (but easily removable upon delivery if these accessories don’t fit the bill)
- – Only the 14Ah stock battery available (as compared to the 500 Series 17.5Ah Optional Replacement Battery)
Special production for the maximum allowable speed and performance before entering motorcycle territory. Equipped with a bottom bracket torque sensor and a 100nm geared motor, this bike is ready to do work. Schwalbe Super-Moto X tires, an RST Asteria Air Fork, and Dual Piston Tektro Hydraulic brakes for the ultimate commuter bike.
- – A powerful 750 watt MXUS motor with 100 nm of torque makes the LMT’D our fastest accelerating and most powerful eBike in our fleet
- – Tipping the scale at 53 lbs. we’ve trimmed off all unnecessary weight by installing the highest quality components you’ll find for the price point
- – A bottom bracket torque sensor is a performance highlight (this allows for intuitive motor activation that feels “more like a traditional bike”)
- – Stock installed with a color display and a 14Ah battery, this is the choice for those needing top notch performance, for 1/2 the price
- – While trimming down on weight and accounting only for necessities, integrated headlights and taillights did not make the cut on the LMT’D
- – The application of power for the torque based PAS requires more work – intro eBiker’s may want something more approachable like the Core-5
- – No proprietary fender options available for this beast, but you can check our parts page for the LMT’D Rear Rack or online for 3rd party fenders
- – Our most expensive eBike in the fleet, but in comparison to any other bike in the market of comparable quality, this may be the best deal around
Thanks for reading! If you are still hungry after feasting your eyes on our quick buyer’s guide, those looking to compare more specs can check our Model Comparison Page. For you insatiable researchers and Ride1Up devotees, check our Support and Solutions Page. This is an indispensable resource not only for piquing interest in your potential electric dream machine, but for all our current riders who are interested in learning more about their beloved eBike. Thanks for helping to get less cars on the road and more smiles on our faces.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our page on YouTube