February 3, 2023
LMT’D Giveaway – Official Rules
No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
Purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
1. Eligibility: The Ride1Up Product Review Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to persons who are legal residents of, and physically located within, the contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, and eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Employees of Ride1Up, Inc., and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotional agencies, judges, and the immediate family members (herein, defined as spouse, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of residence, and any person living in such a person’s household, whether related or not) or of any company affiliated with the Sweepstakes and collectively with the foregoing persons or entities (“Sweepstakes Entities”), are not eligible to participate.
2. Entry Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12pm Pacific Time (“PST”) on February 3, 2023, and ends at 11:59am PST on February 12, 2023.
3. How to Enter: There are a maximum of three (3) methods of entry: the Online Review Method of Entry, Social Media Method of Entry, and Photo Method of Entry outlined below.
- i) Online Review Method of Entry: During the Entry Period, eligible participants can enter the Sweepstakes by following these steps: i) visit Google Review or Facebook Review; ii) provide a product review; and iii) email [email protected] with your name, phone number, and proof of review submission. When emailing, please enter “Ebike Sweepstakes” in the Subject Line. After successfully submitting a product review and emailing [email protected], you will be entered into the Sweepstakes (“Review Entry”). For the Review Entry, each person will receive one (1) entry maximum. Multiple Review Entries will not be considered and will disqualify the person at the discretion of Ride1Up. Inappropriate comments in the product review will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Ride1Up. However, entrants can submit both a Video and a Review Entry. If you have previously provided a Google or Facebook Review, you may only submit a review for a platform that has not previously been used.
- ii) Social Media Method of Entry: During the Entry Period, eligible participants can enter the Sweepstakes by following these steps: i) visit and follow our Instagram Page; ii) post a photo of you and your bike, and tag @ride_1up; iii) email [email protected] with your name, Instagram account and phone number, and iv) grant Ride1Up the rights of the photo to be used as part of marketing efforts that include, but are not limited to email marketing, social media content, and advertising purposes. After successfully following, posting a photo and tagging @ride_1up, and emailing [email protected], you will be entered into the Sweepstakes (“Social Media Entry”).
- iii) Photo Method of Entry: During the Entry Period, eligible participants can enter the Sweepstakes by following these steps: i) Take a photo of you and your ebike; ii) email photo as an attachment to [email protected] along with your full name and phone number and iii) grant Ride1Up the rights of the photo to be used as part of marketing efforts that including but are not limited to email marketing, social media content, and advertising purposes. After successfully submitting a product review and granting Ride1Up the rights and ownership of the photo, you will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes (“Photo Entry”). For every Photo Entry, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Photo Entries are limited to (1) photo per person. Submitting multiple photos will not grant each person more entries.
Online Review Method of Entry, Social Media Method of Entry, and Photo Method of Entry will be referred to as “Entry(ies)” from this point on. Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Ride1Up may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deceiving or using other unfair playing practices. Entries become the property of the Ride1Up and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address.
4. Prize and Its Retail Value: A Ride1Up LMT’D ebike (“LMTD”) will be awarded with a Retail Value of $1,595. Usage of the LMTD is subject to the terms and conditions at https://ride1up.com/terms-and-conditions/. LMTD is awarded on an “as-is” basis and cannot be redeemed for cash or used as payment for purchases of other electric bikes (“ebikes”) or as an adjustment to prior purchase(s) or applied as payment on any account. LMTD will not be replaced if lost or stolen. LMTD will be covered under our 1-year warranty beginning on February 20, 2023 (the end of the sweepstakes). Odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Prizes pictured in advertising, marketing or promotional materials are for illustrative purposes only. Any applicable taxes and all other costs/expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of winner. Prize is nontransferable, and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, other than as provided herein. Ride1Up reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
5. Random Drawing and Notification: One (1) potential winner will be selected by random drawing under the supervision of a Ride1Up Executive whose decisions are final and binding. Random drawing will be conducted within one (1) week after the end of Entry Period. Potential winner need not be present to win, and will be contacted by email, phone, or mail on or about two (2) business days after the random drawing using the contact information given at the time of entry. Ride1Up is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. Potential winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (“Affidavit”) within seven (7) days from the date of notification or his/her prize will be forfeited. Prize forfeiture may result from any of the following: i) an Affidavit or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable; ii) the Affidavit is not returned within the date specified on notification; iii) winner is otherwise found to be ineligible; iv) winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason; and v) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of any prize forfeiture, Ride1Up may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. Attempts may be made to notify up to three (3) alternate winners for the unfulfilled prize; after which the unfulfilled prize will not be awarded. Once potential winner’s eligibility is verified, he/she will be confirmed as a winner. As a condition of receiving the prize, winner will be required to furnish his/her Social Security number to the Administrator and an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of the winner for the value of the prize. Prize will be sent to the winner approximately thirty (30) days from the date winner is confirmed. Ride1Up is not responsible for any returned undeliverable prize and such prize will be forfeited.
7. General: Entrants must have a valid email address, and it is entrants’ responsibility to update Ride1Up of any change in email address. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Ride1Up on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winner is responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes on the prize, including sales or use taxes. By participating, entrant agrees to, release and hold the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively “Releasees”) harmless from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death, personal injury or loss or damage to property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance or use/misuse of a prize, participation in any promotion-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, winner agrees, where imposing such condition is legal, that Ride1Up and their designees shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use of his/her name, city and state of residence and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification and, upon request, will confirm consent to such use in writing. Ride1Up is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of winner and prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between statements contained in any materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event Ride1Up is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as planned is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Ride1Up shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes and award prize from among all eligible Entries received up to that date. All disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity (individually, “Claim”) arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, the meaning or interpretation of the rules or any prize awarded shall be resolved by applying the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts within that state. All Claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and all Claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event include attorneys’ fees, and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
8. Winner’s List: For the first name of the Winner, send an email to [email protected] before March 20, 2023.